Hillary's Vet School Notes
Hillary's vet school class notes
Now with searching capability!
April 2005 Update
I can't believe I still get mail from people using these pages. Wow. I
have decided to put up some advertising to see if it defrays the costs of
running this website. Time will tell. It's just Google AdSense. I like
Google, I think they are a good company. Anyway. The class notes are still
available, ignore the ads if they aren't of interest, click on them if
I don't know how their algorithms work...sometimes these ads having
nothing to do with veterinary medicine at all, when all this particular
page is about is veterinary medicine, but hey, whatever. I'm just going to
mention animal doctoring, and veterinary medicine, a couple more times for
good measure. I love being an animal doctor, by the way :)
Here is some historical information about this
site. Please go there and read the disclaimer!
What's happening now
I would like to invite all classmates to join the email list Jeanette
Rilling put together! Go to http://www.egroups.com/group/VMD2000
Some older projects:
I made some mini-cheat-sheets on various topics and I have decided to put some of my lit search
results into a reference directory.
Board Review Stuff
Not much here yet, but check it out anyway! CLICK
Formerly Current Stuff
Obviously none of this is really "current" per se anymore, given that
finals are *over* and I'm all done with classes... YAY!!! But this is as
current as it gets. FWIW.
Veterinary Medicine Lectures
Amphibians & Reptiles
Avian Medicine & Surgery
Sheep & Goats
Lab Animal Medicine
Here are some zipfiles- multiple lectures for one
class in a convenient package!
- ignore this.
National Board Examination Committee
Useful Vet Image Links
My vet links - I
know, often out of date, but I DO have a life you know!
Fall '96 stuff: anatomy, biochemistry,
Winter '97 stuff: physical exam & animal
management, biostatistics, ethics, immunology, first half of
Spring '97 stuff: genetics, medicine, pathology,
radiology, and the second half of physiology
Fall '97 stuff: parasitology, systemic pathology,
neuroscience, principles of surgery, microbiology
Winter '98 stuff: orthopedics, clinical lab med,
poultry med, epidemiology, half of pharmacology
Spring '98 stuff: anesthesia, medsurg1,
veterinary public health, infectious and metabolic diseases, second half
Fall '98 stuff: reproduction, medsurg2, other stuff
Search Hillary's School-related Webfiles!
Feel free to look at my full-blown website. It
has links to some interesting veterinary and networking related stuff,
boring stuff about me, and random weird stuff.
- May 22, 2000: Yay! It's over! Congratulations class of 2000!
- December, 1999: woo! I got a new Sony Vaio, which I now use to
maintain this site.
- February 4, 1999: When it rains, it pours. Wally is gone forever, but
he lives on in my heart.
- January 10, 1999: Loss of an inspiration - Florence Lief's obituary :( Florence was a wonderful
woman, an inspiration to me from early childhood. I will miss her.
- August 25, 1998: I just set up directories for fall quarter. bleah.
- August 9, 1998: Wally is out of remission :(
- April 24 1998: Friday's notes go up Monday - gotta make a new RJ45
- April 16 1998: Boy that hissing sound and hammering pissed me off
today! Not conducive to taking notes or exams.
- April 1998: Yes, I missed a bunch of mastitis lectures.
- March 24, 1998: I plan to miss Dr. Holt's lecture from 10:25-11, to be
with Wally during chemo.
- March 21, 1998: Oops! I had the medsurg lectures from 3/18 and 3/19
accidentally filed in infectious and metabolic disease. I've moved them to
the right place now. sorry about that.
- March 16, 1998: My dog Wally just started chemotherapy. I
miss class now and then to be with him during his treatments this quarter.
Those of you who tend to rely on my notes, be advised!
- February 19, 1998: happy birthday to me.
- January 28, 1998: That clin lab midterm was horrifying. argh.
- December 30, 1997: Just updated the page for next year!
- October 20, 1997: ARGH! Is it me, or does this semester *suck*?
- August 5, 1997: Oh my god. School starts again in under one month.
- April 1, 1997: I've been sick (lung infection). I wasn't in school at
all last Friday and I missed part of Monday as well.
- March 10, 1997: I'm EXEMPT from core nutrition. Sorry, folks :). I'm
not going to be taking notes in that one...
- January 12, 1997: I just put up the notes from Friday. Sorry about the
delay, I was out of town on a business trip.